Monday, July 14, 2014


 
     Here is finished artwork for a CBIG Illustration workshop; "Antony and Cleopatra" by Shakespeare for high school students.  I went to the workshop and learned a lot about this new area.  Graphic novels are comic books, essentially. From the critique: my work is for a younger students,maybe middle grade.  I should've done it in PANELS, the sectioned off parts of the comic book containing the art and dialogue.
 
     I was told I have a "style". My 2nd piece could've been a different angle/action...it was too much the same as the first one. These are the last two scenes in the edited play. 
 
    After seeing the original printed graphic novel done by a comic book illustrator(in color) as in "super heroes" style, I know this experiment was hard work...it is not my thing...but Egypt is and that part was fun for me, anyway. We all have our style(s).   

No comments:

Post a Comment